June 5, 2014

Hands

Five Minute Friday HANDS

I don't know why, but this one has been tough.

Maybe it is the toughness in me, the stubbornness that refuses to simply leave in His hands what I never held. Never could hold. Clinging to my future is like holding a piece of air. It is unseen and impossible.

"Just leave it in the hands of the Jesus," Brandon Heath sings quietly to me. "If we're gonna pray about it, there's no use worrying. If we're gonna worry about it, why are we praying?"

I don't know Brandon. Maybe it is the familiarity of worry. Because the hands of Worry always give back what we handed them. But what a jumbled mess that is.

The hands of the Healer hand us the dreams we don't deserve. He takes our small-minded ideas, our faint hopes, our blind wishes, and surprises us with things more beautiful; a re-crafting, recreating of our dim dreams.

It takes courage to leave our hopes in His hands. Sometimes that means we'll never see them again. Which is only good news if we can be brave enough to see it. To see Him.

4 comments:

  1. "It takes courage to leave our hopes in His hands." YES. This. My mind immediately went to my own hands, but I love your perspective...releasing our grip and putting things in His hands? It takes bravery. Beautiful words tonight! Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hands of the Healer hand us the dreams we don't deserve. - I am so thankful for this truth. Beautifully stated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Clinging to my future is like holding a piece of air.' Oh how true... and you've helped me to see in a new way that it's wise to choose who we give our concerns over to - it makes total sense that the Healer knows what he's doing and gives things to us that are mended... or that Worry would give it back even more knotted and tangled up. That's going to help me in the future! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these words. Simple, profound, truth. Thanks for sharing your 5 minutes with me.

    ReplyDelete