October 25, 2013

together

Five Minute Friday--a challenge to write for five minutes without editing and be a little brave.
http://lisajobaker.com/2013/10/five-minute-friday-together-2/

This weeks word: TOGETHER

That is a hard word to write about. I walk alone in the cinematic representation of myself in my mind. It plays on an old projector in my mind's attic, like a movie from the '30s. I am so often alone when I think back on my life.

How selfish.

Why is it that I cannot zoom out? Would I, I might see what I am too proud to recall. Family. Friends. Pets. Zoom out farther, and they all point one place: to Him.

The picture of my life, when put in proper focus, is so intertwined with the people who have loved me, challenged me, inspired me, held me, listened to me, were patient to me, handed a kindness (even thoughtless kindnesses.) I am so hard to get to know because I am afraid, and I am afraid because I am angling my camera more like a telescope. The landscape panorama is quite lovely, if only I would see. So maybe I can count those blessings, the thousand blessings I have missed.

{Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment.} Proverbs 18:1
I think I am so alone. I am really not. I am surrounded by broken, loved people who may have different tastes and opinions, but they all have something in common with me. We are sinners in need of a Savior. Every day. Together. Not so alone.

2 comments:

  1. I hear in your "together" words echoes of my own feelings and thoughts... I like how you visualize yourself viewing life telescopically, as if through a camera lens... panning in and panning out.

    To view your life as if on a cinematic screen is really interesting... it makes me want to try it!

    I'm glad I joined you at Lisa Jo Baker's today for Five Minute Friday! Thank you for sharing your heart with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And thank you for the dear words. Another "together" to count as gift. :)

      Delete