January 30, 2015

write & wait

Five Minute Friday - 4

I have FMF-ed in ages. I haven't blogged for a month exactly, today. This blog is one I don't use anymore, but it is where I always did these precious five minutes.

When my dear friend told me that the word today was wait, I gave a forced laugh. (via facebook) and I avoided thinking about it for the rest of the day. But He brings us back to things, and as the day folds slowly into a yesterday, I come to an old place I have left behind, this lovely meeting of minutes and hearts.

I didn't want to write about waiting. My friend and I wonder if all we do is talk about and write about waiting. It is pretty obvious that this is a time of waiting for me--waiting for many dreams, an in-between time. Waiting for a full-time job, waiting to settle in, waiting for the duller days of subbing to end.

Today I wrote poems. Not my own, no, today I wrote down poems by Luci Shaw into my poetry journal where I keep the poems that are my inspiration. I learned something as I meticulously, slowly, deliberately hand-penned the words of another. I learned patience. Hand-writing a poem you like is an exercise in slowness, in steady digestion of words and thought-particles. And in that careful absorption, I found a sense of peace. As though He has given this time for me to slowly go over all that I know of His promises, adding what He wishes to teach me, so that I know it by heart. So I believe it when this time is over. I am an impatient one, who was brought to her spiritual knees by the thought that He cares for me as I drove away from that slow, difficult day. Even when I refuse to find the joy where I wait, He gives, and gives, and never stops--He gives snow-iced landscapes and western gold that purples into sharp, star-flecked night.

4 comments:

  1. "Even when I refuse to find the joy where I wait, He gives, and gives, and never stops--He gives snow-iced landscapes and western gold that purples into sharp, star-flecked night." Such beatiful words. When I copy something I end up making a mistake, then I write it all over again, the dance we do with words. God does give us joy. Joy in the sunrises and the sunsets, while we wait. Blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the re-writing which at first I grimace at, because I am impatient, and then the "dance we do with words" all over again brings such beauty. Thank you for your time and your lovely words. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE this... I'm so glad you came back here - to write on this..

    Five minutes of pure gold - refined by fire!!! that's what I just read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bevy, your comment has me smiling without ceasing. It was lovely to be back--with the word "wait" I don't think I could be silent for all He has been doing. A comfort and a joy to have you here again. :) My joy-filled thanks!

      Delete