January 31, 2014

Hero

Five Minute Friday HERO

I don't know what to write today. Hero? Well, I am not a hero. I can think of my heroes: William Wilberforce, Ann Voskamp, Mike Donehey, Abraham Lincoln, Ruth, Rahab, perhaps  few more.

They were and are all brave. I am not.

But maybe that is just what I see. Maybe, just maybe, they were as afraid as I am at some point.

Maybe being a hero isn't about fame.

Maybe it is about small brave. A small brave that grows and grows.

And maybe it is about the Hero who gave the biggest brave of all: Himself.

Maybe that is where we start, the unlikely heroes in a story that has many parts, but has only just begun. What do we have but ourselves to give? He gave us those, these bodies, these souls, and if that isn't a start, then I don't know beginnings. Which is possible--I was never good at beginnings.

The goal shouldn't be to be a hero.

The goal should be Him.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! The goal is always Him and you are brave when you start small - like all of us. You just might be a hero, with your brave small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! Amen~~ this might be my favorite 5mf post i've read today. reminds me that brave is still doing what needs to be done to the best of our ability, even when we are afraid and then trusting God with all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words :) and yes, all the trust!

      Delete