July 14, 2012

who am I?

"I am changing, less and less asleep
made of different stuff than when I began."
Shadowfeet
Brooke Fraser

What astonishing truth. Drawing closer to Him feels like waking up, my head clearing, thoughts and actions becoming more transparent. My skin loses numbness. My eyes lose blindness. Mist seems to drift away, and yet I see that there is more mist ahead. The mist isn't quite so frightening anymore.

I feel so utterly different, yet similar. As I draw in close to Him, as I am changed, it is as though I am becoming someone I met before, or is it someone I dreamt about? Maybe it is someone He told me about-I cannot be sure. I am still myself, yet I am constructed of better flesh and blood, purer and stronger.

That is what He does to us. for us. in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment