August 2, 2013

Story-FMF

So many stories. They walk by, drive through, fly overhead. To ponder them, the vast number, the immensity of them, is almost crushing.

My story is not the story. My story is a chapter in a grand book. Who is the hero? Jesus. The longest book is history, and though it hasn't all been written down, or remembered by our writers, He remembers every chapter.

What is my story today? What part of my chapter have we hit? Well, I don't know. I am in a place of terrifying trust. I don't know where the money will come from. I keep crying, wondering, because I am scared. Then I remember that fear results from believing lies. The lie that He won't take care of me, that His plan won't work out for my good. My good probably looks a lot different--a lot easier--to me than it does to Him. As terrifying as that is, I am so glad.

My story would be so much less interesting if I wrote it. I would remain a coward. And I would hide. But He makes me brave. And teaches me to trust. His strength in my weakness. True beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! The transformation is an awesome part of our stories.

    ReplyDelete